The San Joaquin Valley Blueprint Planning Process is a unique opportunity to work together to convey a regional vision of land use and transportation that will be used to guide growth in the San Joaquin Valley over the next 50 years.
Major accomplishments to date include:
- Determining the community’s values related to quality of life issues,
- Developing a vision that reflects those values,
- Engaging member agencies (the 62 cities and 8 counties in the Valley) and the community-at-large in scenario planning exercises that ultimately led to the endorsement of a preferred growth scenario in each county, and
- The creation of Valleywide scenarios by UC Davis that were considered by the Regional Policy Council (2 elected officials from each of the 8 counties) to endorse one of the four scenaries.
- The creation of a Valleywide Blueprint
- The adoption of the 12 Smart Growth Principles and Preferred Growth Scenario
In this Section: